How To Apply The Gua Sha Tool Properly?
- The first step is to prepare the tool for rolling by putting it into the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- While your tool is in the freezer, clean your face. Use a recommended face cleanser for your skin type. Make sure it is completely devoid of dirt and any product that you slathered on before. Then, dry your face with a soft towel and apply some serum or moisturiser on the areas you will roll on.
- Keep the tool flat against the face and begin with the forehead. Scrape in an upwards motion from the eyebrows to the hairline.
- Move to the cheeks and scrape in an outwards motion starting from the crease of the nose until the ear.
- Move to the jawline and use the end of the gua sha tool with the two curves.
- Start from the chin and scrape until the ear. Gently massage the gua sha tool into the ear to release tension.
- For the under-eye area, very gently scrape the gua sha from the inner corner of the eye outwards to the temple. Because the area is so sensitive, it is important to only apply light pressure.
- To finish it off, wipe your face with a towel, and apply your favourite moisturiser.